Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get this error message in my macbook air. "ConfigTyped" will damage your computer

I get this error message in my macbook air. "ConfigTyped" will damage your computer

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 10:40 AM

This is probably Malware which was download in a Bundle piece of Software taken from some Third Party Site. Download only Directly from Trusted and Reputable Developers or Apple Apps Store. Solution is get the MalwareBytes and have it scan the computer. When it finds the Malware - it will offer to remove it. Once it is done and removed - restart and test.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2021 10:40 AM in response to pantheonglita

This is probably Malware which was download in a Bundle piece of Software taken from some Third Party Site. Download only Directly from Trusted and Reputable Developers or Apple Apps Store. Solution is get the MalwareBytes and have it scan the computer. When it finds the Malware - it will offer to remove it. Once it is done and removed - restart and test.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.