Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing iPhone 7 battery

I'm having a ton of drain on my performance with battery life only at 75% I don't believe it should pull performance down this low just to get marginally better battery life. best way to go about replacing the battery?

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 11:39 AM

I mean when the phone was in warranty the battery was I’m just stating if they had replaced it for the antenna issue instead of skirting around the issue they would have replaced the one and it woulda have been a non issue also. Thankfully the update helped with the signal loss so my only concern now is the battery.

the picture was it just a week ago and I’m surprised it dropped so much like that normally battery’s fail slowly or just go dead not a fast drop in my experience

also I’ve worked on small electronics before so we shall see I just found out my buddy has an Ifixit kit for my phone so I might try that today

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2021 11:39 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

I mean when the phone was in warranty the battery was I’m just stating if they had replaced it for the antenna issue instead of skirting around the issue they would have replaced the one and it woulda have been a non issue also. Thankfully the update helped with the signal loss so my only concern now is the battery.

the picture was it just a week ago and I’m surprised it dropped so much like that normally battery’s fail slowly or just go dead not a fast drop in my experience

also I’ve worked on small electronics before so we shall see I just found out my buddy has an Ifixit kit for my phone so I might try that today

Feb 28, 2021 11:24 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

I’ve been looking up tutorials on replacing my self since this is put of warranty might as well try it.

I did try talking to apple before about the antenna issue and they completely ignored the issue till it was out of warranty then wanted to say we can replace it for almost $500 and I was like cool... after an update the antenna has gotten better but on iOS 14 the battery has suffered a lot. I’ll see what others say. But thanks for the generic call apple non answer answer.

Feb 28, 2021 5:02 PM in response to 4by108

4by108 wrote:

That’s good for you I’m really happy for you. I still don’t see what your gas bill has relevance in my life?... then you would save a months worth of gas... either way it’s fixed. I’m out duces!

Now, if anything else goes wrong with the phone, something that Apple would have replaced for the out-of-warranty replacement cost (about half the cost of a new phone), you'll be out of luck. You'll need to buy a new phone at full price as Apple won't over that option for a phone that was opened.

Feb 28, 2021 5:06 PM in response to 4by108

4by108 wrote:

Yeah it’s an iPhone 7 it’s def not in warranty as it’s out of warranty and is 6 years old . So I’m obviously not worried about it. Right to repair is more important to me.

My mistake. I thought that you said the issue was saving money. But, of course, this wasn't a "right to repair" issue. No one was trying to stop or forbid you from replacing the battery.

Feb 28, 2021 5:11 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Okay for real last comment before I go but yeah I’m clearly not gonna buy a new apple device. That’s a waste of money. I’ll stick with a cheaper phone and spend my money where it counts. If you can’t understand that is a you problem not mine. Good luck in life thou!

I mean apple did remove the post and I had to email them my local laws to have it brought back up...... so yeah they are trying to stifle right to repair at this point. Either way I saved money and now the phone will keep on running and get my moneys worth out of it.

Replacing iPhone 7 battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.