Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my iPhone 12 Pro battery replaced with zero cost?

Battery capability reached 85 percent, looking to replace battery over a new phone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 1:18 PM

Apple will replace a battery that reaches 80% under warranty if you are within the one year warranty or 2 year AppleCare+ extended warranty, or if you had the AppleCare+ warranty and then extended it month by month after the 2 years expired.

They will not replace a battery at 85% unless there is a message in Settings/Battery/Battery Health that the battery is defective.

Here is information on replacing the battery, including costs out of warranty→iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2022 1:18 PM in response to Zacharysean760

Apple will replace a battery that reaches 80% under warranty if you are within the one year warranty or 2 year AppleCare+ extended warranty, or if you had the AppleCare+ warranty and then extended it month by month after the 2 years expired.

They will not replace a battery at 85% unless there is a message in Settings/Battery/Battery Health that the battery is defective.

Here is information on replacing the battery, including costs out of warranty→iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

How do I get my iPhone 12 Pro battery replaced with zero cost?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.