Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fix for big sur 11.2.2 download failure

how do I run the big sur 11.2.2 update?

The normal update fails after downloading.

I tried "sudo softwareupdate -ia". It failed miserably with

Failed to download & prepare update: Error Domain=SUMacControllerError Code=7723 "[SUMacControllerErrorPreflightPersonalizeFailed=7723] Failed to perform PreflightPersonalize operation: [MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain(MSU):MSU_ERR_PACKAGE_FAILURE(29)_1_MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain(MSU):MSU_ERR_INTERNAL_ERROR(7)]" UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7fb468804dd0 {Error Domain=MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain Code=29 "Failed to verify package contents." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to verify package contents., NSUnderlyingError=0x7fb468805540 {Error Domain=MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain Code=7 "The file ./payloadv2/ecc_data/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMediaIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/AppleCamera.plugin/Contents/MacOS/AppleCamera could not be digested: 1" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=The file ./payloadv2/ecc_data/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMediaIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/AppleCamera.plugin/Contents/MacOS/AppleCamera could not be digested: 1, target_update=20D80}}}}, SUMacControllerErrorIndicationsMask=0, NSDebugDescription=[SUMacControllerErrorPreflightPersonalizeFailed=7723] Failed to perform PreflightPersonalize operation: [MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain(MSU):MSU_ERR_PACKAGE_FAILURE(29)_1_MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain(MSU):MSU_ERR_INTERNAL_ERROR(7)], NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to personalize the software update. Please try again.}

I've been trying for 2 weeks to get this update.

What do I need to do?

Mac Pro, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 2:21 PM

Try the following: go to the App Store and search for Big Sur. Download the full installer (will bar the latest version available, now 11.2.2) and run it.

This has worked for others who had problems previously.

Similar questions

8 replies

fix for big sur 11.2.2 download failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.