Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud does not sync

Hi, I have formatted my Mac and install Big Sur but now the iCloud does not sync on my Mac. I have two days without sync. Could you tell me why my iCloud and files does not sync on my Mac after that I formatted.

And how can I get my files that I have on iCloud because I need to work!.

Please help me with it.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 7:41 PM

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync..

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting, and then sign back in?

See the Apple Support article below. 

Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Get help using iCloud.     

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2021 7:41 PM in response to ca9z

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync..

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting, and then sign back in?

See the Apple Support article below. 

Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Get help using iCloud.     

iCloud does not sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.