Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a previous Apple ID from my iPhone

How do I remove a previous owners Apple ID from my iPhone

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 8:41 PM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2021 9:02 PM in response to Meredith007

Meredith007 Said:

"How do I remove a previous owners Apple ID from my iPhone"

-------

Seems a Scam:

This is a Used Item that you Purchased. So, I'd say you've been scammed, though a full assumption on my part.

Where to go from here:

• Take this up with the Original Owner:

This is a user-to-user support forum - no one here can remove the battery. So, contact the original owner, and have them give you your money back. Elsewise, it is useless to you.

• If Purchased off of a Web site (i.e. eBay):

Contact the site, and ask that the seller be held accountable, and that you get your money back.

• Take this as a learning experience:

The next time you purchase an Apple device, then make sure that you can log into it, and all looks good. For a MacBook Pro, have the original user use this site: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support Request that you are able to log into it, and assign it to your account, prior to hading over the money. If the seller dis-abides by those rules, then do not proceed with the purchase. Rather than performing this purchase remotely, consider performing it in-person.

How do I remove a previous Apple ID from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.