Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam FaceTime Group Call

Come on Apple! You can do better than this. My 50 year old husband has been added to a Group FaceTime call with a bunch of teenie boppers. This was obviously a mistake in their end and now he is getting annoying calls all day and late at night. It’s out of control when this phone is used for WORK!!! You must do better and have a button to leave a FaceTime group just like you can a chat! Is this so hard? It’s to the point it’s happening too much and it’s harassment!!! Please fix this issue!

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 6:49 AM

Unfortunately, this will not solve the problem. This seems to be some sort of social media prank, and you will continue to get unwanted FaceTime calls daily. These calls will just continue from new and different phone numbers. As a result, an iPhone user would have to block hundreds or maybe even thousands of numbers. A better solution would be for Apple to add a setting in FaceTime that would allow an option to only send and receive calls from people in the iPhone user's contact list. Since this is not an option, I have disabled FaceTime in order to stop these prank calls. I will be using another video conference app (Zoom, Skype, etc.) that is more secure than FaceTime.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2021 6:49 AM in response to Eric--F

Unfortunately, this will not solve the problem. This seems to be some sort of social media prank, and you will continue to get unwanted FaceTime calls daily. These calls will just continue from new and different phone numbers. As a result, an iPhone user would have to block hundreds or maybe even thousands of numbers. A better solution would be for Apple to add a setting in FaceTime that would allow an option to only send and receive calls from people in the iPhone user's contact list. Since this is not an option, I have disabled FaceTime in order to stop these prank calls. I will be using another video conference app (Zoom, Skype, etc.) that is more secure than FaceTime.

Mar 2, 2021 7:40 PM in response to BellaLou123

Hello BellaLou123,

Being able to block unwanted FaceTime calls is important, and Apple does have a great article which walks through the steps on how to do so. Do keep in mind this is to block numbers, if someone accidentally places a call to the number associated to the Apple ID, or accidentally types the wrong Apple ID when placing a FaceTime call there isn't a way to prevent that from happening, but future calls from these contacts can be blocked and prevented.

Block unwanted callers in FaceTime on iPhone

Have a wonderful week!

Spam FaceTime Group Call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.