Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 15" 2017 dark spots appear on the bottom of the screen

Just a day ago, these dark spots appear on the bottom of the screen after I lifted the screen up in the morning, which I didn't shut down the laptop the night before. I did some research and found that this happens a lot for the Macbook Pro 13" models. Does anyone with a 15" has the same issue? Why is this happening and how to fix it?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 1:11 PM

You have a hardware issue with the built-in display which will need to be repair. Contact Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider so they can examine the laptop and provide you with an estimate for repair. In some regions it is possible to mail the laptop to Apple for the repair. Click the "Get Support" link at the top right of this page to see the options available in your region.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 1:11 PM in response to chisanapong

You have a hardware issue with the built-in display which will need to be repair. Contact Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider so they can examine the laptop and provide you with an estimate for repair. In some regions it is possible to mail the laptop to Apple for the repair. Click the "Get Support" link at the top right of this page to see the options available in your region.

Macbook Pro 15" 2017 dark spots appear on the bottom of the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.