Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The wireless charging pad in my 2019 Ford Edge, connects briefly then disconnects.

I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max using IOS 14.4. My Ford Edge has a wireless charging pad, and the charging activates briefly when the phone is placed on the pad, but shortly thereafter disconnects. I have tried re-aligning, and differing the placement on the pad. Powering off/on works only a little while or until the car is stopped/restarted. (Who wants to power phone off/on every time you get in the car?!!) I'm also using a Carlinkit 2.0 wireless CarPlay dongle to connect wirelessly to CarPlay via bluetooth rather than USB. Are the magnets of the MagSafe connectivity of the iPhone 12 interfering the the wireless charging capabilities? Does anyone know of a wireless charging pad that can replace the factory installed option? Is there a firmware update to fix this issue?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 6:38 AM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2021 7:41 AM in response to purpleziggy

Hello purpleziggy,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, the wireless charging pad that came with your car isn't working properly. We're happy to help!

Below is an article about MagSafe chargers and how to use them.

How to use your MagSafe Charger with iPhone 12 models

You also mentioned magnets and if they could interfere with connectivity to the MagSafe Charger. Below is an article about magnets in the iPhone itself and also in the MagSafe accessories.

About the magnets inside iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and MagSafe accessories

You can also try cleaning the MagSafe Charger.

How to clean your Apple products

There is no firmware associated with the MagSafe charger so you don't have to worry about updates for that.

Have you contacted your car dealer and let them know that the MagSafe isn't charging properly?

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

The wireless charging pad in my 2019 Ford Edge, connects briefly then disconnects.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.