Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Wireless charging for my Iphone 13 while in my 2023 GMC truck

My iphone 13 will not charge in my 2023 GMC while it is on the wireless charging pad although if i take the case /cover off it will charge. I never had this problem with my Iphone 8.

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 10:49 AM

Hey Alltorr,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If the case is thick, made of metal, or is a battery case, you may experience issues with charging. We see you reviewed this great article: How to wirelessly charge your iPhone. The information under the "Learn More" section explains why your iPhone may not charge.

Hope this helps Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 10:49 AM in response to Alltorr

Hey Alltorr,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If the case is thick, made of metal, or is a battery case, you may experience issues with charging. We see you reviewed this great article: How to wirelessly charge your iPhone. The information under the "Learn More" section explains why your iPhone may not charge.

Hope this helps Take care.

Aug 8, 2023 11:37 AM in response to Alltorr

My iphone 14 will not wirelessly charge in my 2023 Porsche Panamera- older iphones do charge successfully.I have tried it with and without the case- no difference. I have asked Porsche who say this is not a known issue, ask Apple etc. The phone does also charge on other wireless pads- but seems quite slow (not sure if this is relevant). I would like to get to the bottom of this mystery! Any advice or ideas appreciated.

Wireless charging for my Iphone 13 while in my 2023 GMC truck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.