Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

move goal

how do i know what to set as my move goal?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 11:43 AM

Here is the best answer I can give you concerning how calories are calculated:

To see the total calories burned for the day first, tap on the Activity app (and History at the bottom left corner if not already selected - then select a day). Then swipe left in the "Move" section to not show the graph and show the Active and Total calories. (Swipe right to return to the graph.)

According to What is the difference in "active cal… - Apple Community

Total calories include - basal calories + calories burned when doing a workout. Active calories are those that are burned during some activity like swimming running or anything else where your body is moving, Basal are those that your body burns during a day without any activity.

Be aware that this is a user-to-user forum. Not one here (with VERY limited exceptions) works for Apple. We are just users like yourself and try to be helpful and do the best we can.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 11:43 AM in response to JG7903

Here is the best answer I can give you concerning how calories are calculated:

To see the total calories burned for the day first, tap on the Activity app (and History at the bottom left corner if not already selected - then select a day). Then swipe left in the "Move" section to not show the graph and show the Active and Total calories. (Swipe right to return to the graph.)

According to What is the difference in "active cal… - Apple Community

Total calories include - basal calories + calories burned when doing a workout. Active calories are those that are burned during some activity like swimming running or anything else where your body is moving, Basal are those that your body burns during a day without any activity.

Be aware that this is a user-to-user forum. Not one here (with VERY limited exceptions) works for Apple. We are just users like yourself and try to be helpful and do the best we can.

Mar 1, 2021 9:13 AM in response to Community User

The American Heart Association HAS a recommended daily baseline. It’s 10,000 steps, which is easily measured AND understood!!

What I’m asking is what the reasoning behind having a move goal, since I can’t find a correlation on how it is measured.

Please help me understand by answering the following:

1.) What factors determine move calories?

2.) How are move calories calculated?

3.) What is the move goal equivalent of 10,000 steps?

Mar 1, 2021 8:23 AM in response to JG7903

It's a personal choice,choose a goal that you won't reach too easily and have to put a bit of effort into acheiving it.

move goal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.