Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

saving mail in mail application

I have in my Mail inbox, over 16K Mail messages. Would someone have a suggestion of how to save the messages, but have them not appear in the Mail inbox? Only new Mail would appear each day.

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 9:43 AM

Hello FECFRN.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you want to save your messages in the Mail app on your Mac. We’re happy to help.

Please use the steps her to archive your emails that you want to keep: Archive emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Emails that you archive won’t delete until you delete them.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2021 9:43 AM in response to FECFRN

Hello FECFRN.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you want to save your messages in the Mail app on your Mac. We’re happy to help.

Please use the steps her to archive your emails that you want to keep: Archive emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Emails that you archive won’t delete until you delete them.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Mar 3, 2021 12:53 PM in response to FECFRN

See the article Move or copy emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

You can move mail messages in a folder created on my Mac section , the iCloud inbox having 16 k mails will get empty , however the new mails will still arrive in iCloud mail inbox .

Archiving of mails is automatic in imap gmail account , if the mails are in iCloud the second method as suggested in thread can also be followed .

saving mail in mail application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.