Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

high cpu for cloudd

Hi,

we have a very annoying behaviour on my Mac (iMac 15.1). Whenever my son logged into his account a process called cloudd consumes roughly 100%-200% cpu usage. Not sure if this was already the case with Mojave but definitely with Catalina and Big Sur.

I didn't pay much attention, because I told him to always logoff.

We then received a new MacBook Air with M1 and exactly the same issue came across.

So if you have the same problem I suggest to read the answer...

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 11:46 AM

When using google, you find many people with similar problems, looks to me that there are multiple reasons. Non of proposed solutions worked for me, that is why I describe how I fixed it.

The reason in our setup was a shared folder in iCloud Drive.

To check if you have the same problem, I would suggest to disable iCloud Drive first. If cloudd cpu is back to normal, have a look at all your folders on iCloud.com

The problematic folder wasn't displayed at all on our Macs. We then asked the person who shared the folder to remove access and this solved the problematic behaviour.

Hope this is helpful to someone...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 11:46 AM in response to GeertHei

When using google, you find many people with similar problems, looks to me that there are multiple reasons. Non of proposed solutions worked for me, that is why I describe how I fixed it.

The reason in our setup was a shared folder in iCloud Drive.

To check if you have the same problem, I would suggest to disable iCloud Drive first. If cloudd cpu is back to normal, have a look at all your folders on iCloud.com

The problematic folder wasn't displayed at all on our Macs. We then asked the person who shared the folder to remove access and this solved the problematic behaviour.

Hope this is helpful to someone...

high cpu for cloudd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.