Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad won't let me download an app. It says "not compatible with this iPad. What is the issue and what do I need to do?

I can't download an app from the app store. Give me a message...... Unable to purchase, pixel art is not compatible with this iPad. I downloaded it before but it keep shutting off so I deleted it to download it again and that's when this message came up. I need had that problem before.

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 8:12 PM

Alder53 wrote:

Is it possible to get an updated version for this iPad

No.

Your iPad is too old for any more iOS upgrades/updates.

Sorry.

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, locally and online, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 8:12 PM in response to Alder53

Alder53 wrote:

Is it possible to get an updated version for this iPad

No.

Your iPad is too old for any more iOS upgrades/updates.

Sorry.

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, locally and online, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Mar 1, 2021 5:54 PM in response to Alder53

Here are my questions to you.

What year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on aluminium back of your iPad in small print right under the larger bold print “iPad”.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

My iPad won't let me download an app. It says "not compatible with this iPad. What is the issue and what do I need to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.