Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tv account provider missing under users and accounts

I just noticed that in my Apple TV 4K settings, under users and accounts it no longer has the “tv provider” option.

Was this new with a recent update? Not sure how long it’s been gone, but I know it used to be there.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 8:09 AM

Checked TV 4K and it was still missing. Went to Settings > System > Restart, and suddenly it came back there, too.

Note: I hardbooted all devices numerous times last night to see if that would help, no dice. Maybe my 40 minutes on the phone to Apple Support explaining to the lady what the feature was and her confirming my case via screen sharing helped after all? Have NEVER had to call them before?!?!

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 8:09 AM in response to Klr1006

Checked TV 4K and it was still missing. Went to Settings > System > Restart, and suddenly it came back there, too.

Note: I hardbooted all devices numerous times last night to see if that would help, no dice. Maybe my 40 minutes on the phone to Apple Support explaining to the lady what the feature was and her confirming my case via screen sharing helped after all? Have NEVER had to call them before?!?!

Mar 2, 2021 7:10 AM in response to cyberbiker

We are not saying our provider isn’t listed as an option, we are saying that the “TV Provider” tile in Settings has vanished, giving you no way TO sign into (or change) a provider.

It normally nests just under Game Center, but as you can see from attached photo (this screenshot is from iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 14.4, but it is the same for TV 4K running iOS 14.4), it has disappeared completely for some, myself and several people I know included.

I don’t understand how this could happen without an update to iOS? To me, it is the equivalent of the setting to change your ringtone or wallpaper suddenly disappearing.

Mar 1, 2021 8:21 PM in response to Klr1006

You are NOT alone. I have owned every iPhone since launch. I have had every TV since launch. I own and iPad Pro and have had several of those. I have owned an iMac for the last decade. I am the guy everyone calls when they are having a problem, and for the first time in my life, I called Apple Support for this very same issue! “TV Provider” has disappeared from settings on ALL of my devices (TV, iPhone, iPad Pro). No update to iOS to cause this (they haven’t released one since around the first of the year). Can’t understand how this just disappears from settings? And yet, after explaining to the tech what Single Sign-On was and where it was in settings, she confirmed (via screen sharing) that it, in fact, has disappeared from where it is supposed to be. They have no known cause and no known estimate for a fix. Called a relative and had them confirm that it has, indeed, disappeared for them, too.

Mar 2, 2021 7:47 AM in response to THEGingerBradMan

Yes! Thank you GingerBradMan. I thought I was losing my mind! I’ve never used the function on my iPhone but definitely used it on my Apple 4K TV and now it’s just gone. And one of the apps on my apple tv is acting weird and won’t let me log on the longer way of logging in through my phone on the internet with a code.

My apple tv is set to auto update if there is an update so I could see it happening, but I don’t remember my phone having an update recently 🤔

Mar 2, 2021 7:55 AM in response to Klr1006

Interestingly enough, the option to have your individually installed apps still report to the TV App (so that they can keep track of what you are watching and provide you with “Continue Watching” feature, etc) is still there. It’s just the entire section for Single Sign-On for TV Provider completely missing from the settings app on ALL devices.

Tv account provider missing under users and accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.