Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screensaver pops up randomly and gets stuck.

I recently bought MackBook Pro M1 and while using it the screensaver pops up automatically at random and gets stuck. This is a huge issue for me as i have online exams this semester.

Does anyone know how to work around it or fix the bug?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 8:46 AM

Howdy,

For random Screen Saver please check if you have any Hot Corners setup for it. I sometimes forget about them until I move the cursor "out of the way" and activate the Screen Saver.

System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Screen Saver (tab) > Hot Corners

It doesn't sound like it is the Start delay, "Start after" as it is random.

Does this happen with multiple Screen Savers?

Do you have any added software Screen Savers?

You may also want to check the time to Require password once the Screen Saver starts. If set for "immediately" you won't be able to just move the cursor away from the Hot Corner to cancel the Screen Saver.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Require password [time] after sleep or screen saver begins.

ivan

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 8:46 AM in response to dikshya2000

Howdy,

For random Screen Saver please check if you have any Hot Corners setup for it. I sometimes forget about them until I move the cursor "out of the way" and activate the Screen Saver.

System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Screen Saver (tab) > Hot Corners

It doesn't sound like it is the Start delay, "Start after" as it is random.

Does this happen with multiple Screen Savers?

Do you have any added software Screen Savers?

You may also want to check the time to Require password once the Screen Saver starts. If set for "immediately" you won't be able to just move the cursor away from the Hot Corner to cancel the Screen Saver.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Require password [time] after sleep or screen saver begins.

ivan

Screensaver pops up randomly and gets stuck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.