Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallpaper is blank/black.

It doesn’t matter what pic or wallpaper I chose it shows up black. This is a brand new iPhone. I’ve had it for 3 weeks ish. This just started today. I turned it off and on. I don’t want to see if it does it on the Home Screen yet because it’s still fine. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 5:37 AM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2021 7:30 PM in response to Brandic329

Hello Brandic329,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your Lock Screen is black no matter which image you select as your wallpaper.

Are the images that you have selected ones that were taken on this iPhone or another device? That will help us to determine if these photos are stored on your iPhone or somewhere else such as iCloud.

Try selecting a stock wallpaper and test to see if the same occurs. Is 'Dark Appearance Dims Wallpaper' selected from Settings > Wallpaper? If so, try disabling that feature as well. This feature is mentioned in Change the wallpaper on your iPhone.

Have a great day!

Wallpaper is blank/black.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.