Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enhanced photos from iphone 11 pro wont upload properly to iphoto macbook

My photos which are enhanced mostly with portrait mode, wont upload properly in iphoto on my macbook. They literally upload half way, so the bottom half is solid grey. It would be fine if they uploaded as ordinary photos, but this is just weird. My macbook pro is old, however I updated the software and it has made no difference.

please help! i want to clear off my phone and make a photobook. See the image attached.

thanks

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 8:16 AM

Ten you are trying to import the photos from the iPhone into the Photos.app on your Mac with Big Sur? iPhoto is completely incompatible with the newer system versions, since macOS 10.15. For Photos you are in the correct forum, but iPhoto would have been a completely different program.

The grey bar in the lower half of the photo looks like a damaged file, perhaps a transmission error. If you are downloading the photos from the iPhone using a USB connection, try a different cable or a different USB port.

Or are you transferring the photos with iCloud Photos?

You could also try to download the photos with Image Capture to a folder on your Mac, then import them to Photos from this folder.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2021 8:16 AM in response to sitiabird

Ten you are trying to import the photos from the iPhone into the Photos.app on your Mac with Big Sur? iPhoto is completely incompatible with the newer system versions, since macOS 10.15. For Photos you are in the correct forum, but iPhoto would have been a completely different program.

The grey bar in the lower half of the photo looks like a damaged file, perhaps a transmission error. If you are downloading the photos from the iPhone using a USB connection, try a different cable or a different USB port.

Or are you transferring the photos with iCloud Photos?

You could also try to download the photos with Image Capture to a folder on your Mac, then import them to Photos from this folder.

Mar 2, 2021 11:17 AM in response to sitiabird

Could you please be more specific? You rote " My macbook pro is old, however I updated the software and it has made no difference."

Which system is currently installed on your MacBook Pro? Are you using Photos for Mac or iPhoto? Sorry, it is not quite clear, as you are mentioning iPhoto in your question, but your question is in the Photos forum. The system version may matter.

Enhanced photos from iphone 11 pro wont upload properly to iphoto macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.