Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Fitness+ Overall Fail and Confusion

In a world of confusion over Fitness+. I don't have an Apple Watch and don't plan to get one. I want Fitness+ on my iPad but I can't even download the app - Apple support says its because I don't have a watch. But I downloaded Fitness+ on my iPhone without a watch and it works just fine?!?!

What I would like is to use the fitness app on a bigger screen (since the iPad didn't work). I can't even get to mirror the iPhone on iMac or through HDMI on a TV - the secondary screen goes black when the workout plays on the phone.

So I have every conceivable Apple device except a watch and I have the most expensive tier of Apple One subscription - but I can't use the fitness app in a meaningful way? Am I missing something? Is the roll out strategy for Fitness+ really that hair-brained that everything is held together by a $160 watch when I have thousands of dollars of Apple equipment that I can't use?

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 12:31 PM

You can't use Fitness Plus without a Watch.

Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

Notice the first requirement of any supported device?

2 replies

Mar 2, 2021 12:37 PM in response to ChatterG

Apparently.

Currently, there is no mirror-ing of the Apple Fitness+ app from any compatible iOS devices

It is a copyright issue with the training videos/training coaches.

This may or may not get straightened out/resolved sometime in the future.

The only way to show the Apple Fitness+ app on a TV is through an actual, physical TV box.

Not sure how you were able to download the Apple Fitness+ app to your iPhone without an Watch.

The Watch IS mandatory.

You have thousands of dollars in Apple products, yet you can't afford an Watch? and an TV box?

Apple Fitness+ Overall Fail and Confusion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.