Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't invite people from Mac Calendar, but ok from iPhone and iPad

If I set up an event on my iPad (2021) or iPhone (8) I instantly see the section below the event and location with "All-day, Starts, Ends, Repeat", then I see the section "Calendar, Invitees". In this latter space I can easily add people from my contacts and they get sent an e-mail. All as expected. If I look at this event on Calendar on my Macbook, I see the list of invitees, and who has accepted/declined etc. So far, so good.

However, if I set up the meeting on my MacBook Air (2019, 11.2.2 BigSur) I can't, for the life of me, see anywhere to invite participants. What am I missing?

Running googlemail on all 3 devices, but Calendar is on iCloud for all 3. All operating systems up to date. This problem has been going on ever since I got the MacBook Air.

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 4:13 AM

Solved! (hopefully).

I went to iCloud settings on my MBA and unchecked the links to both Contacts and also Calendar. Restarted MBA and obviously there are now no Contacts in my address book, nor appointments in my Calendar. However, when I set up a new event "add invitees" now shows. Rechecked the link between Contacts and iCloud, and "add invitees" still shows up in Calendar. Rechecked the link between Calendar and iCloud, and "add invitees" is still there (hooray!). I think I'd previously unchecked both Calendar and Contacts individually at some stage, but I think (can't be sure of this), that the trick seemed to be unchecking them both, then restarting.

Hope this might be of help to anyone else who suffers this annoying problem.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 4:13 AM in response to chrisnunn248

Solved! (hopefully).

I went to iCloud settings on my MBA and unchecked the links to both Contacts and also Calendar. Restarted MBA and obviously there are now no Contacts in my address book, nor appointments in my Calendar. However, when I set up a new event "add invitees" now shows. Rechecked the link between Contacts and iCloud, and "add invitees" still shows up in Calendar. Rechecked the link between Calendar and iCloud, and "add invitees" is still there (hooray!). I think I'd previously unchecked both Calendar and Contacts individually at some stage, but I think (can't be sure of this), that the trick seemed to be unchecking them both, then restarting.

Hope this might be of help to anyone else who suffers this annoying problem.

Mar 8, 2021 1:50 PM in response to Brian_P7

Hi Brian, thanks for responding.

I (turned off the Filevault on my MBA then) logged out of my MBA as the user, and logged in as a guest. Went to the Calendar and "yes", the option to add invitees was there. Went back to my user account and it disappeared again.

There must be a setting wrong in my user account somewhere.......... but what and where?

Can't invite people from Mac Calendar, but ok from iPhone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.