Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iwatch 5 and Apple fitness plus unpairing during workout

I have been increasing my exercise time (90 minutes) and thus getting sweatier. Recently my watch keeps unpairing in the middle of a workout class. A message pops up saying Dismiss, that is the only option When I hit it the class ends I can’t go forward to where I was in the class. I would have to start over. I think I figured out it is because I am so sweaty the watch is not reading any more. Is there a watch band that works better? Is there a solution for the watch ( I thought it was waterproof) I like reading the burn bar but maybe I need to workout without my watch? Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 3:12 AM

Apple watch is not waterproof it is water resistant;

About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

Tighten the watch band a touch and don't wear the watch on top of any tattoos.

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 30, 2021 3:03 AM in response to shanti117

By unpairing, I guess you mean the Stop / Pause / Dismiss prompt? That sounds like it is not getting a good reading anymore. For some reason I keep getting that with cross country skiing a lot .... so this may depend on the workout in question as well.

Yes Apple watch is waterproof so thats no problem. If you have tattoos that can affect the reading. Wearing it too loose is another possibility. Having a sports loop is also a good idea, because then you can tighten it just right and are not limited by the holes in the band.

iwatch 5 and Apple fitness plus unpairing during workout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.