Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad storage

I have plenty of iCloud storage left.

why does my iPad say my storage is full?

iPad, 14

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 7:14 AM

Your internal and iCloud storage are entirely independent of each other. Subscribing to a higher tier of iCloud Storage does not change the amount of internal storage within your iPad - this being fixed for the life of the iPad.

If your internal storage is full, your only option is to better manage the storage that you have - and delete unused Apps or unneeded data.

These support pages should prove to be helpful:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? – Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2021 7:14 AM in response to J_4_59SG

Your internal and iCloud storage are entirely independent of each other. Subscribing to a higher tier of iCloud Storage does not change the amount of internal storage within your iPad - this being fixed for the life of the iPad.

If your internal storage is full, your only option is to better manage the storage that you have - and delete unused Apps or unneeded data.

These support pages should prove to be helpful:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? – Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

iPad storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.