Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone7 storage and iCloud

My iPhone keeps telling me that my storage is full but I’m only using 11.3GB of 200GB iCloud storage. Nothing I do seems to make any difference. HELP!

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 11:35 AM

iCloud can help in a limited way (i.e., with iCloud Photos with Optimized Storage) with a shortage of storage on a device. See the following from What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

Free up space on your device

Using the steps above, you might see a list of recommendations for optimizing your device storage, followed by a list of installed apps and the amount of storage each one uses. Tap an app's name for more information about its storage. If you don't see any recommendations, try these steps:

• If you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage, you can lower the amount of storage that your photos use on your device. 
  • You can remove content from your apps like photos, music, and podcasts. 
  • You can delete apps that you're no longer using.

Learn more about how to optimize the storage on your iOS or iPadOS device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 11:35 AM in response to Gazzamondo1

iCloud can help in a limited way (i.e., with iCloud Photos with Optimized Storage) with a shortage of storage on a device. See the following from What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

Free up space on your device

Using the steps above, you might see a list of recommendations for optimizing your device storage, followed by a list of installed apps and the amount of storage each one uses. Tap an app's name for more information about its storage. If you don't see any recommendations, try these steps:

• If you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage, you can lower the amount of storage that your photos use on your device. 
  • You can remove content from your apps like photos, music, and podcasts. 
  • You can delete apps that you're no longer using.

Learn more about how to optimize the storage on your iOS or iPadOS device.

iPhone7 storage and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.