Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"File not Found" message multiple times, when connecting iphone

I have read many answers and watched many youtube videos with the "Image Capture solution"

The problem here is that the phone connects and disconnects multiple times in milliseconds.

My iphone doen't come up in finder or Image Capture.

I tried with different cables, different usb ports, reseted the iphone, etc... The problem is that the connection "blinks" on and off, so you don't have a chance to do any configurations on the Mac.

This started when I upgraded to BigSur.

Here's the screenshot.

Hope somebody can help me.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 2:16 PM

Dgtoro,

Got it. Sounds like this may be an issue with the Mac. You can reset the SMC since that is responsible for managing power to the ports.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

You can also confirm there is no dirt or debris in both the iPhone port and Mac ports. Check out How to clean your Apple products.

Good Luck!

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 5, 2021 1:43 PM in response to dgtoro

Hi Dgtoro,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We can definitely understanding needing your iPhone to connect to your Mac. You mentioned that the device keeps connecting and reconnecting, does this happen with any other device that you connect to your Mac? How about if you connect your iPhone to another device or even to the charger? This will help isolate this issue to your computer itself or the iPhone.

You can try the steps in this article: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Hope that helps!

"File not Found" message multiple times, when connecting iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.