Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't play my music

After joining Apple Music, now I cannot access the music in my library, most of which are songs I uploaded from CDs years ago. I have followed all of the useless article steps. Anyone have any help?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 2:30 AM

What do you see when you look at the library? What happens when you try to play a track? If there is an error message what is it? macOS 10.15 Catalina uses the Music app rather than iTunes. Do I take it you also have a subscription to the Apple Music service? Have a look at Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support to see if there are any clues there. What did you do between the last time that your library worked properly and now?

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2021 2:30 AM in response to gamecockfan

What do you see when you look at the library? What happens when you try to play a track? If there is an error message what is it? macOS 10.15 Catalina uses the Music app rather than iTunes. Do I take it you also have a subscription to the Apple Music service? Have a look at Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support to see if there are any clues there. What did you do between the last time that your library worked properly and now?

tt2

iTunes won't play my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.