Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer iPhone photos to Apple computer.

When I try to download photos from my iPhone 11 Pro Max to my iMAC or MacBook Air, it will load some, but not all of the photos. How can I get them all downloaded to the computers?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 8:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 7:39 AM

ladysherrill Said:

"Transfer iPhone photos to Apple computer.: Thank you, but I am hoping NOT to use iCloud Photos. Any other ideas?

———-

Try this Link: Transfer Photos and Videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies

Mar 3, 2021 10:00 PM in response to ladysherrill

ladysherrill Said:

"Transfer iPhone photos to Apple computer.: When I try to download photos from my iPhone 11 Pro Max to my iMAC or MacBook Air, it will load some, but not all of the photos. How can I get them all downloaded to the computers?"

-------

Use iCloud Photos:

A. Start Here: Set Up and Use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

B. Syncing with iClod Photos:

Enable iCloud Photos on both your iPhone and Mac. Photos will be accessible for both devices, if they are asscoaued to the same account. Once uploaded, create a new folder on your Desktop, and Drag & Drop these photos to the Mac. Once they are on the Mac, then all should be good from there.

C. About iCloud Photos

Note that iCloud is a syncing service. So, once deleted from iCloud, and you do not download them, then a photo would be gone for good, and no longer accessible, if deleted.

D. Limited Storage:

You have 5GB of free data storage on iCloud, if an available option in your country/region. A typical image is between 2 and 4MB. With 1 GB being 1,000MBs, that means between 250-500 photos would supposedly fit. So, you may need to upgrade your storage space. It is a monthly fee, but it seems it would suit your needs.  Learn More Here: iCloud Storage Plans and Pricing - Apple Support.

Mar 4, 2021 7:27 PM in response to ladysherrill

ladysherrill Said:

"Thank you. This describes the usual method I use to transfer the photos. Its just that not all of them will transfer. I'll update everything, get another cable, and try again. Many thanks."

-------

Once Last Thought:

Considered Doing this?: iCloud Storage Plans and Pricing - Apple Support. It might cost a few, but it would work, in the long run, and would ultimately cost much less than purchasing a hard drive. A typical photo is 2-4MB, and 1,000 MBs is 2-4GB. So, with thousands, then upgrade to however many are needed.

You are welcome.

Transfer iPhone photos to Apple computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.