Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro windowserver preventing sleep mode.

I see several people in the past have had similar issue - mine only started after the latest upgrade.

My computer and screen wont go into sleep mode and the activity monitor says that windowserver is preventing it.

Is this something that will be fixed in the next upgrade or is there a workaround that isnt too hard for non computer people to manage?

Thanks and fingers crossed

A

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 12:56 AM

10 replies

Mar 6, 2021 11:36 AM in response to alistairb7

Hello alistairb7,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like you're getting a message about window server preventing your Mac from going to sleep after updating, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

To get started, please try the steps recommended in the following link:

If your Mac won’t go to or stay in sleep

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Mar 7, 2021 3:30 PM in response to alistairb7

Hello alistairb7,

Thanks for getting back to us with those additional details. It looks like your Mac won't go to sleep because of windowserver. Let's continue working on this together.

Next, let's make sure your Mac is up-to-date on software. When you navigate to: Apple > About This Mac, do you see macOS 11.2.2?

If not, please back up your Mac, then update as explained in the following links:

Back up your Mac

How to update the software on your Mac

Let us know if the issue persists afterwards. Cheers!

Mar 8, 2021 11:36 PM in response to mitchheller

I have just upgraded again to the latest update to 11.2.3 in the hope that this has been resolved- BUT the activity monitor is still showing windowserver as yes ie stopping the computer and screen sleep.

Come on Apple - seems others are having the same issue and have tried everything. The issue was in the upgrade to 11.2.2

How do we resolve this please?

Thanks

A

Macbook pro windowserver preventing sleep mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.