Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple users for iPad

I’ve been waiting to purchase an iPad for myself that I can slowly acclimate my mother into using and eventually switching her to Mac from her PC. I won’t do this until I can have a separate login for her so she can’t access and compromise my personal information and other accounts related to my finances and identity. Is it possible to set up separate user accounts on any of the iPads? I was looking at possibly getting the newest iPad Air 4. Thanks.

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 1:40 AM

iPad and iPhone are intended to be single-user devices.

Unlike other computers with which you may be familiar, that support multiple user profiles - other than “managed” educational environments, OS/iPadOS devices are not intended to be shared.

Be aware that if you sign-out of iCloud and other Apple services - and allow another user to sign-in - you’ll not be able to change back for 90-days.

So as to prevent account abuse, some critical Apple services will only allow one change of signed-in AppleID (on a device) in a 90-day period.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2021 1:40 AM in response to LateDateCopperhead6451

iPad and iPhone are intended to be single-user devices.

Unlike other computers with which you may be familiar, that support multiple user profiles - other than “managed” educational environments, OS/iPadOS devices are not intended to be shared.

Be aware that if you sign-out of iCloud and other Apple services - and allow another user to sign-in - you’ll not be able to change back for 90-days.

So as to prevent account abuse, some critical Apple services will only allow one change of signed-in AppleID (on a device) in a 90-day period.

Multiple users for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.