Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message on Mac do not behave the same way as on the iPhone

Why is it impossible to select multiple messages and delete them all at once? On the iPhone, not only can I select multiple messages to delete it only takes 1 click to delete them. On the Mac you cannot select multiple messages and deleting any takes 2 clicks - the 2nd click confirms the delete. Totally a pain to do that.

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 11:10 AM

Actually if All devices are signed into the same Apple ID and Messages on All Devices are setup to Store Message in iCloud. just tested as writing this reply, Deleted a Conversation on iMac running Catalina 10.15.7 Supplemental 2 to iPhone Se 2020 running iOS 14.4 - same conversation deleted on iMac disappeared on iPhone right before my eyes.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2021 11:10 AM in response to mmpod

Actually if All devices are signed into the same Apple ID and Messages on All Devices are setup to Store Message in iCloud. just tested as writing this reply, Deleted a Conversation on iMac running Catalina 10.15.7 Supplemental 2 to iPhone Se 2020 running iOS 14.4 - same conversation deleted on iMac disappeared on iPhone right before my eyes.

Mar 4, 2021 10:47 AM in response to Ronasara

I understand different os's have different apps, however there is this additional piece of information. This is the message on the Mac that pops up when you delete any message. "Would you like to delete this conversation? This conversation will be deleted from all of your devices. You cannot undo this action." I interpret this as the intention of the software to do exactly that - delete the message from all of your Apple devices so that you do not have to delete the same messages multiple times. Apparently the software does NOT function as intended because answering yes does not delete it from other devices.

Message on Mac do not behave the same way as on the iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.