Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing mail beyween iPad and iphone

I presently have an Apple ID and and iCloud account I guess when I set this up years ago I did not select mail (I have Yahoo) to sync. I would like the mail account to sync between devices. When I go to Settings> Name> iCloud and then move green button to select mail - it says to Create email ...@iCloud.com

So is this new email that I would be creating Only fir mail? Would it mess up my existing iCloud account? TIA

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 4:56 PM

Thank you for your time. I got it working. I think what threw me was that hen you go into iCloud my mail button was not slide over to be green and I thought it wasn’t working. When I slide it - I was asked for iCloud email. Thanks again.

4 replies

Mar 6, 2021 5:17 PM in response to LindaW

Hi LindaW,

We understand you are wanting to sync your email between an iPad and an iPhone. We will do our best to help. In order to use iCloud email to sync across devices, you must create an iCloud email address. To do, follow the steps here: Set up iCloud Mail on your devices.

If you're wanting to add your Yahoo email address to the Mail app, check out this link: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Regards.

Mar 6, 2021 7:44 PM in response to KMB_12

Thank you kareng12. I presently have yahoo mail on iPhone so don’t need that. Just to verify what I read I MUST have an iCloud email i. e. an email address ending with iCloud.com. Is this correct. Thank you for your time. Also, just so I know - where would I ever use this iCloud address - other than allowing my devices to sync together. Is that correct? TIA

Syncing mail beyween iPad and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.