Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed font not showing up in keyboard preferences list

I have been trying to install a downloaded greek font, and have tried two - one is Galatia SIL and the other is SBL Greek. They have both installed into font book, but I cannot find them anywhere in my keyboard preferences list, including in the "other" category. How can I get Keyboard preferences to see these installed fonts? In Font Book, they are showing up in a folder called User. Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 10:06 AM

The keyboard used to type Greek, regardless of the font, is called "Greek" or "Greek Polytonic". You just need to activate one of those in the keyboard preferences and then make sure its icon is showing at the top right of the screen. If you want to use one of the fonts you mentioned, you just choose it in the font menu of your app. If you are having a problem with that, let us know the name of the app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2021 10:06 AM in response to akjbradford

The keyboard used to type Greek, regardless of the font, is called "Greek" or "Greek Polytonic". You just need to activate one of those in the keyboard preferences and then make sure its icon is showing at the top right of the screen. If you want to use one of the fonts you mentioned, you just choose it in the font menu of your app. If you are having a problem with that, let us know the name of the app.

Installed font not showing up in keyboard preferences list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.