Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video playback problems in Safari, macOS Big Sur

After installing macOS Big Sur I have video playback problems in Safari (YouTube for example) - it seems like it is not a video, but slide-show or something. I tried to change resolution settings from 1080p to Auto, or even to 480, but it does not get better - the speed and "smoothness" is terrible.

I also can not find the Adobe Flash Player any more on my system, and I can not download it and install because of its EOL - https://www.adobe.com/ru/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

About my Mac: - MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 20150), macOS Big Sur 11.2.2, Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 Mb, 50 Gb free of 128 GB HD.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 10:58 AM

Cleaned ALL the history and ALL the websites data in Safari, restarted computer after all, and ... everything is working just fine (for example YouTube at 1080p, even in full screen mode)!

I'll be glad if my experience helps someone.

1 reply

Video playback problems in Safari, macOS Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.