Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having trouble signing into facetime and imessage on my Macbook Pro

I'm having trouble signing into FaceTime and iMessage on my MacBook Pro. I recently just got it, it's new and it has been working very good until my encounter with the signing in part. I only changed my password once, hoping that would help my problem but clearly it didn't. I tried restarting it, shutting it down, updating it, the usual but I am at a lost. I searched up on the internet on what to do but it all seemed to complicated or it just wasn't the exact solution I was looking for. I also know my Apple ID works because I kept logging into apple.com to verify. And one last thing, I updated my new password into the settings and it worked there, but it didn't help the messages or FaceTime situation. Does anyone know how to help me?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 6:52 PM

See if anything here helps.

Messages – Can’t log in.       

Messages – Can’t log in 2.    

Messages - If you can‘t sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac.    

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode. 

Isolating an issue by using another user account   

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2021 6:52 PM in response to becks1600

See if anything here helps.

Messages – Can’t log in.       

Messages – Can’t log in 2.    

Messages - If you can‘t sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac.    

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode. 

Isolating an issue by using another user account   

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

I'm having trouble signing into facetime and imessage on my Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.