Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime or iMessage will not sign in

Hi there

I have a 2019 16" Macbook Pro and for quite a while now i have not been able to sign into either iMessage or Facetime. I can login to icloud.com or id.apple.com without an issue but whenever i use those credentials in FT or IM it will not login.

Any assistance at all would be great!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 8:19 AM

Hello dizzyza,

We understand you're unable to sign into iMessage or FaceTime on your MacBook Pro. If you've already made sure the MacBook Pro is up to date in System Preferences > Software Update, then try the following If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac.

It's great that you've already isolated some steps and signed into the Apple ID site and iCloud to test your account information and password. Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities forum.

Have a great weekend!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2021 8:19 AM in response to dizzyza

Hello dizzyza,

We understand you're unable to sign into iMessage or FaceTime on your MacBook Pro. If you've already made sure the MacBook Pro is up to date in System Preferences > Software Update, then try the following If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac.

It's great that you've already isolated some steps and signed into the Apple ID site and iCloud to test your account information and password. Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities forum.

Have a great weekend!

Facetime or iMessage will not sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.