Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages in iCloud - Does it also Sync SMS?

I am aware that if you sign into two separate iphones using the same Apple ID, and turn on Messages in the "Apps using iCloud" settings, it will sync messages received and sent from the iphone I am using to the other iphone.

My question is, will it also sync SMS messages, or imessages only?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 2:34 PM

Messages in iCloud keeps your entire message history (including iMessage and SMS/MMS messages) updated and available on all your devices. Just be aware that Messages in iCloud is not a backup service. If you delete a message on an]y device, it will be deleted everywhere (including iCloud).

Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2021 2:34 PM in response to Lukeoc707

Messages in iCloud keeps your entire message history (including iMessage and SMS/MMS messages) updated and available on all your devices. Just be aware that Messages in iCloud is not a backup service. If you delete a message on an]y device, it will be deleted everywhere (including iCloud).

Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

Messages in iCloud - Does it also Sync SMS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.