📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carrier locked - sim locked

I just went through the process to reset my iphone 8 plus, because it was locked. I called apple and they help me through this to unlock my phone because I wanted to change carriers, but had forgotten my passcode. So apple helped me through the process of down loading my phone to itunes and then restoring it. But now it still say - Carrier lock - sim locked - not sure what to do now. I want to change carriers and can't do this with a locked phone

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 5:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 2:51 PM

Hi Carrieriphone3,

We understand you're trying to SIM unlock your iPhone. We're happy to offer some guidance.

If you're trying to SIM unlock your device so you can use a different wireless carriers SIM in it, you would need to contact the carrier that currently has the SIM lock on the device. You can find more info on SIM unlocking iPhone here: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier

You can also check this list to see if the carrier the iPhone is currently locked to offers the ability to unlock it: Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone

We hope this helps. Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 9, 2021 2:51 PM in response to Carrieriphone3

Hi Carrieriphone3,

We understand you're trying to SIM unlock your iPhone. We're happy to offer some guidance.

If you're trying to SIM unlock your device so you can use a different wireless carriers SIM in it, you would need to contact the carrier that currently has the SIM lock on the device. You can find more info on SIM unlocking iPhone here: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier

You can also check this list to see if the carrier the iPhone is currently locked to offers the ability to unlock it: Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone

We hope this helps. Take care!

Carrier locked - sim locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.