Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone11 dead after ios 14 upgrade

Hello. My iPhone11 is dead after upgrading for iOS 14, complete dead. I noticed increased & rapid battery drain, and now it's dead.

Please help.

I visited Apple Store for repair and they confirmed it is now a paper-weight and complete dead.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 5:00 AM

Hello,

If you took it to an Apple store and they said that it was dead, there is not much that anyone can do. However, as a last resort, try this:

1) If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

2) Go to another location and get a second opinion: Apple - Find Locations

If everything else fails, get an out-of-warranty replacement: iPhone Repair

Good luck.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2021 5:00 AM in response to Meet_JC

Hello,

If you took it to an Apple store and they said that it was dead, there is not much that anyone can do. However, as a last resort, try this:

1) If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

2) Go to another location and get a second opinion: Apple - Find Locations

If everything else fails, get an out-of-warranty replacement: iPhone Repair

Good luck.

Mar 5, 2021 8:02 AM in response to MrBill3

Many Thanks. I tried t/s steps, however phone is still dead. I visited Apple store for a repair. This visit is with pre-appointment and my phone was checked for 2-3 minutes, and I was told it was dead and nothing could be done.

Today, I checked status of my ticket (online) and as per ticket update I never visited apple store for a repair and cancelled my reservation (I am shocked).

A while ago, I reached out to Apple Chat support, did similar t/s however phone is still dead.

I will now try with another apple repair store to get this fixed.

My other iPhone 11 has iOS 13 and working fine. On this one, I updated OS and it's dead now.

iPhone11 dead after ios 14 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.