Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage plan

I bought 2TB storage but its more than enough. Am thinking of downgrading it, do i lose the 2TB which i have when i downgrade to 50GB forisntance?

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 11:29 AM

Hello collette,

An iCloud storage plan is a subscription service. You didn't buy it, you 'rented' it. So like a rented car, when you downgrade you lose the difference.

Click on the link to read how to "Downgrade or cancel your iCloud storage plan" on an iOS device, a Mac, or a PC. --> https://support.apple.com/HT207594

"What happens when you decrease your storage plan

When you downgrade your iCloud storage plan, the storage decrease takes effect after your current monthly or annual subscription ends.

If you downgrade or cancel your plan and your stored iCloud content exceeds your available storage, new photos and videos don’t upload to iCloud Photos, files don't upload in iCloud Drive, Messages in iCloud don't update, and your iOS devices don't back up. Learn how to manage your storage by deleting the information that you don't need anymore.

If you downgrade to the free iCloud Storage plan, you'll have 5GB of storage."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2021 11:29 AM in response to collette161

Hello collette,

An iCloud storage plan is a subscription service. You didn't buy it, you 'rented' it. So like a rented car, when you downgrade you lose the difference.

Click on the link to read how to "Downgrade or cancel your iCloud storage plan" on an iOS device, a Mac, or a PC. --> https://support.apple.com/HT207594

"What happens when you decrease your storage plan

When you downgrade your iCloud storage plan, the storage decrease takes effect after your current monthly or annual subscription ends.

If you downgrade or cancel your plan and your stored iCloud content exceeds your available storage, new photos and videos don’t upload to iCloud Photos, files don't upload in iCloud Drive, Messages in iCloud don't update, and your iOS devices don't back up. Learn how to manage your storage by deleting the information that you don't need anymore.

If you downgrade to the free iCloud Storage plan, you'll have 5GB of storage."

Storage plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.