Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Accessories Disabled warning keeps showing up

I tried the answer you gave before but it didn't work. I have a 2017 mac air

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 6:33 AM

Was a Device attached and computer put to Sleep and you disconnected the device. Then you opened the lid from Sleep and this message appeared ? If that is what happened, the Memory was still there and produced this error message.

Another thing is when a device is attached and error message appears saying " the device is using too much power " that is telling you the device needs to receive power from another source like a power Adapter supplied by the Manufacturer.

Hope this helps

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2021 6:33 AM in response to elizabeth jfromfakenham

Was a Device attached and computer put to Sleep and you disconnected the device. Then you opened the lid from Sleep and this message appeared ? If that is what happened, the Memory was still there and produced this error message.

Another thing is when a device is attached and error message appears saying " the device is using too much power " that is telling you the device needs to receive power from another source like a power Adapter supplied by the Manufacturer.

Hope this helps

Mar 5, 2021 5:02 AM in response to PRP_53

oh sorry. my 2017 mac air keeps telling me to unplug the accessory using too much power to re-enable USB devices. I have nothing plugged in. there was a solution offered for this but it doesn't work/didn't when I tried it - ie shut down your mac, press left shift, ctrl and left alt, also the power button and hold down for 10 secs, then press the power button to turn on

USB Accessories Disabled warning keeps showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.