Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internal crack on the back plate

Bought the watch 4 weeks ago, 2 weeks I was in quarantine after returning to Korea, so barely touched the watch. When the quarantine was finally over, I took out my watch to go running. As I was putting it on my wrist I saw a crack on the sensor area(back plate). Never dropped or hit the watch in anyway... had it for less than 4 weeks(2weeks in quarantine without using it)...can't even feel the crack with my finger nails(internally cracked)...no bumps or nicks that shows that I could have dropped or hit the watch...Apple won't fix it for me... wants me to pay $500 to repair a $800 product...What do I do... so bummed about this...

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 5:08 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2021 5:19 AM in response to ElecVio

oh and additionally, even the Genius bar people told me after looking it under the microscope that this just cannot be an accidental damage. And told me they will send it to the technicians to get it fixed or even replaced... but got the exact product back telling me it is an accidental damage, and so they won't fix it. Without any sort of report, microscopic image, documentations, etc to demonstrate that it is an accidental damage, they are simply telling me it is an accidental damage.

Finally understand why people despise genius bar and Apple's repair policy...

Internal crack on the back plate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.