Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple iTunes account

I recently got a new work phone and I set up iTunes with an existing account on my personal phone . Now everything is linked together on both phones including calls, photos etc. how can I fix this.

thank you

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 8:03 PM

Hello Bacatcha,

If you use the same Apple ID on another device it thinks you want it set up like the first device. You can disable certain services so they do not sync to each other through iCloud but then neither will those items be backed up to iCloud from the device on which you have disabled them. The other option is to set up the second device with a different Apple ID but then you have to also set up Family Sharing with yourself to get access to things you do want from the other account. You also cannot merge them should you want to revert to using a single ID.

Change your iCloud feature settings [iOS and Mac] - https://support.apple.com/HT207689 - "'When you turn off an iCloud feature on a device, information stored only in iCloud for that feature is no longer available on the device. If you turn off Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Reminders, or iCloud Photos on just one device, you can still view and change your information on iCloud.com and on another device you set up for that feature."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2021 8:03 PM in response to Bacatcha

Hello Bacatcha,

If you use the same Apple ID on another device it thinks you want it set up like the first device. You can disable certain services so they do not sync to each other through iCloud but then neither will those items be backed up to iCloud from the device on which you have disabled them. The other option is to set up the second device with a different Apple ID but then you have to also set up Family Sharing with yourself to get access to things you do want from the other account. You also cannot merge them should you want to revert to using a single ID.

Change your iCloud feature settings [iOS and Mac] - https://support.apple.com/HT207689 - "'When you turn off an iCloud feature on a device, information stored only in iCloud for that feature is no longer available on the device. If you turn off Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Reminders, or iCloud Photos on just one device, you can still view and change your information on iCloud.com and on another device you set up for that feature."

Apple iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.