Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I allow my child to upload their photos from their device to icloud, without allowing the child to see all my icloud photos?

How do I allow my child to upload their photos from their device to icloud, without allowing the child to see all my icloud photos?

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 3:35 PM

If the child is using their own Apple ID, their photos are stored in iCloud Photos under their Apple ID and they don't have access to yours (even if you are Family Sharing and using a shared iCloud storage plan).

See: Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

and

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2021 3:35 PM in response to chard0119

If the child is using their own Apple ID, their photos are stored in iCloud Photos under their Apple ID and they don't have access to yours (even if you are Family Sharing and using a shared iCloud storage plan).

See: Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

and

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.