Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone thinks another iPhone is an android

Recently I was adding a new number into my contacts but when I tried to text it, it shows up as an android and the messages don’t even send. I know for a fact the other person has an iPhone. The same thing shows up on the other person’s phone. It also shows up as an android and the messages don’t send from their phone either. I don’t know what’s going on. Help?

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 8:56 PM

There are iMessages (Blue Bubble) and there are SMS Messages (Green Bubble). iPhones can send and receive both formats while non-iphones can only send and receive SMS messages. From what I am understanding, your iPhone is able to send only SMS messages to this other person with an iPhone. When the other person sends you a message then it is SMS as well.

Question - Are you able to send iMessages to other people aside form this one person?

If you answered with a YES to my question above then the issue may be with the other person's iPhone. That person may not have iMessages set up correctly and is probably sending SMS messages to everyone. Double check that please. Thanks.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2021 8:56 PM in response to kaia226

There are iMessages (Blue Bubble) and there are SMS Messages (Green Bubble). iPhones can send and receive both formats while non-iphones can only send and receive SMS messages. From what I am understanding, your iPhone is able to send only SMS messages to this other person with an iPhone. When the other person sends you a message then it is SMS as well.

Question - Are you able to send iMessages to other people aside form this one person?

If you answered with a YES to my question above then the issue may be with the other person's iPhone. That person may not have iMessages set up correctly and is probably sending SMS messages to everyone. Double check that please. Thanks.

Axel F.

My iPhone thinks another iPhone is an android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.