Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage

I recently bought an iPhone 11 64GB and I’m now getting the message that iCloud storage is full even though the phone storage is saying 18GB used out of the 64. I upgraded to get more storage and now not even my pictures are being saved. What could be the issue?

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 12:25 PM

Hey there, Huelyn!

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

Congratulations on the new iPhone! That is always a fun experience and we'd hate to think that your storage issues could put a damper on that. We think we can help shed some light on this.

Your device has two types of storage to note; on-device and iCloud.

Your on-device storage (the 64GB) includes your system data and things like the apps you install. iCloud storage, on the other hand, would be things like your backed up data and your photos and videos that are stored in the cloud. This can get tricky if you're seeing a pop up message but you're not sure which data type is affected.

Here is some more information that we believe will help: What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

Can you give that article a read-through and let us know if it helps?

We hope this does the trick for you!

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2021 12:25 PM in response to Huelyn

Hey there, Huelyn!

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

Congratulations on the new iPhone! That is always a fun experience and we'd hate to think that your storage issues could put a damper on that. We think we can help shed some light on this.

Your device has two types of storage to note; on-device and iCloud.

Your on-device storage (the 64GB) includes your system data and things like the apps you install. iCloud storage, on the other hand, would be things like your backed up data and your photos and videos that are stored in the cloud. This can get tricky if you're seeing a pop up message but you're not sure which data type is affected.

Here is some more information that we believe will help: What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

Can you give that article a read-through and let us know if it helps?

We hope this does the trick for you!

Cheers.

Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.