Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System services iOS 14.4

What is “Device Management” in iOS 14.4 System Services (settings >privacy >location services >device management)?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 7:07 AM

See this support page-> Intro to mobile device management (MDM) - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

8 replies

Mar 6, 2021 7:40 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Thank you. Now I know why this is on my devices but not on one owned by a friend.

At least I think I do. My friend got his 12 Pro at the same time as me but that is his only device. Am I correct in assuming that because I own and am signed in on additional iPhone, as well as a Watch and an iPad, this setting is there to manage and synchronize them in a similar fashion as an organization would?

Mar 6, 2021 9:56 AM in response to Djdonny2

This has nothing to do with it. I have several Apple devices, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and MacBook Air, all signed into the same Apple ID. I'm also the Family Organizer of our Family Sharing setup. If you go to Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services, you can see Device Management, and you can turn that off there. I'm not sure of the real function of that setting, but it does not have to do with having multiple devices on the same Apple ID.

System services iOS 14.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.