Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does the toggle Device Management on iPhone System Services do?

Device Management on System Services

What does the toggle Device Management on System Services do?

Someone else asked this same question and it was answered as the phone was being managed. My phone is not managed but I also have this toggle “device management” on my phone in the location area under “system services”.

I worry because someone signed into my phone with what I believe to be a vpn. It was a name @v/tek. I finally got them off my phone but am trying to be certain since I can’t afford a new phone.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 6:28 PM

Thank you, I am starting to feel better now after all the chaos that happened awhile back.

I wish there was a notification to show any paired past/current devices and who is connected to your wifi, bluetooth, & hotspot.

4 replies

Mar 28, 2023 2:30 PM in response to InOverMyHeadrn

This is used for the Apple Mobile Device Management (MDM) feature that IT administrators take advantage of to securely and wirelessly configure Apple devices. If you’re not using your device in a business environment as part of the MDM feature, you can safely turn it off. It should already be off, if you not in a corporate environment, and your iPhone is not managed by an office IT department.

Nobody can sign in to your iPhone remotely in any way. VPNs don't work that way either. VPNs connect a device to a secure network or proxy. They do not allow remote connections to the iPhone.

Apr 14, 2023 8:33 AM in response to InOverMyHeadrn

InOverMyHeadrn wrote:

Thank you, I am starting to feel better now after all the chaos that happened awhile back.
I wish there was a notification to show any paired past/current devices and who is connected to your wifi, bluetooth, & hotspot.

For a list of connected devices to your WiFi check your router's administration page. Consult your router's documentation and user guided for steps to access age administration page. All routers list connected devices in some way.

For Bluetooth, any connected devices to your iPhone should appear in the Bluetooth page in the Settings App.

For Hotspot, yes this is a sorely missed feature, but unless its turned on and you see a green pill shape over the clock at the top left corner of the iPhone screen, nobody is connected to your personal hotspot.

Status icons and symbols on your iPhone - Apple Support

You're on a call or your iPhone is providing a Personal Hotspot,*

Apr 13, 2023 6:39 PM in response to Phil0124

Have you ever heard of anyone using, for example, name@v-tek ? I have been searching the internet w/o any luck.

It was a few ago so my memory wanes. I lost all my recent screenshots of evidence with a few factory resets. They may have been signed into my vpn or something. I cant remember exactly how it was done but i signed them out. It was almost 2 months of trouble until i updated my phone.

What does the toggle Device Management on iPhone System Services do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.