You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch band replace

I can’t push the release button with my finger nail what else can I use?

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 7:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 7:40 AM

Assuming your or a set of “borrowed” fingernails are somehow not an option here, what small and flexible and plastic bits do you have around that are roughly fingernail-sized and shaped? A plastic guitar pick might work, or maybe a plastic paper clip. I’d avoid anything that might scratch the Watch, or that might damage the release button.

If the release button is stuck, or if the band won’t slide right or left when the release button is pushed, don’t force it. Have Apple or an authorized repair provider have a look at it.

Change your Apple Watch band - Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 6, 2021 7:40 AM in response to daveinkansas

Assuming your or a set of “borrowed” fingernails are somehow not an option here, what small and flexible and plastic bits do you have around that are roughly fingernail-sized and shaped? A plastic guitar pick might work, or maybe a plastic paper clip. I’d avoid anything that might scratch the Watch, or that might damage the release button.

If the release button is stuck, or if the band won’t slide right or left when the release button is pushed, don’t force it. Have Apple or an authorized repair provider have a look at it.

Change your Apple Watch band - Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options

Watch band replace

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.