Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black loading screen pop ups and blank apps

Hello my name is Mya

I have an iPhone 8 Plus and it’s now started doing this thing where I will open an app like Snapchat or TikTok and the app is blank as if I first installed it why are apps that I’ve had for years on this phone starting to do that ? Also I can be on my phone how I am now and in the middle of use it will go to a black loading screen and come back on within about 15 seconds and then my phone is back working normally and it appears to have fixed the blank app problem... what does this blank loading screen do ? Why is it constantly popping up as if it’s restarting my phone ?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 8:22 AM

It sounds like you're experiencing unexpected shutdowns. This could be a result of your iPhone's battery ageing.

First of all, try restarting your iPhone. Does that fix the issue?

If the issue still isn't fixed, I recommend checking the battery health. You can do this by opening Settings > Battery > Battery health. If the battery is below 80%, maybe you should consider a battery replacement.

If your iPhone's battery health appears to be normal, you could try to reset your iPhone (but don't forget to make a backup first!) And then restoring from the backup.

Finally, if these steps don't fix the issue, you should contact Apple Support. They will then outline the best options.

Best of luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2021 8:22 AM in response to MyaMillee

It sounds like you're experiencing unexpected shutdowns. This could be a result of your iPhone's battery ageing.

First of all, try restarting your iPhone. Does that fix the issue?

If the issue still isn't fixed, I recommend checking the battery health. You can do this by opening Settings > Battery > Battery health. If the battery is below 80%, maybe you should consider a battery replacement.

If your iPhone's battery health appears to be normal, you could try to reset your iPhone (but don't forget to make a backup first!) And then restoring from the backup.

Finally, if these steps don't fix the issue, you should contact Apple Support. They will then outline the best options.

Best of luck!

Black loading screen pop ups and blank apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.