Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Transition Bug

Hi! I just upgraded my iMovie software to 10.2.3 . I had been working on a project.

The transitions which had been between clips have been replaced with a red screen that has a yellow "m" in it.

I'm using a MacBook Air on OS Big Sur 11.2.2 which updated earlier this week.

I can't retrieve the old iMovie program from my Time Machine. library of options no longer exists. I noticed, from reading other posts that this issue has been going on for awhile.

Is a bug fix coming?

Can I access an old version of iMovie through apple support?

Has anyone SUCCESSFULLY dealt with this issue?

Thanks for your assistance.

Peace and gratitude.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 1:08 PM

Hmmm. I don't recall seeing your issue mentioned on this forum before.

Try deleting preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2021 1:08 PM in response to Analog8765---

Hmmm. I don't recall seeing your issue mentioned on this forum before.

Try deleting preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

iMovie Transition Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.