Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Searching My Library in Music (iTunes) Results in WRONG Songs Playing.

The Music transition has been just a pain for me, so I'm checking to see if the issue is me.

In iTunes, I'd do a quick search to find all music (let's say..."EPCOT"). I then select "See All." All "EPCOT" tagged results are showing. Next, I start playing one of the songs in the list. After that song plays, Music just seems to select random stuff that is not in the results. This happens whether shuffle is on or off.

Why doesn't this thing just...work? I had iTunes from the first release and never had this bizarreness.

Is Music incapable of playing songs for the search results?

Thanks y'all!

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 5:05 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 8, 2021 11:42 PM in response to CarlAVII

Hi Carl,

Thank you for the reply. I'm running 10.15.7. I'm not an Apple Music member. I double-checked that repeat and shuffle are both off (checked the link). The problem is still happening. Songs that aren't in the search results ("All Results") are playing. It appears that the "Playing Next" list is auto-populating with random selections. I've tried clearing and restarting the search results, but the "Playing Next" list just re-populates.

Searching My Library in Music (iTunes) Results in WRONG Songs Playing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.